Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reach

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a quick status update. Everything is going really with my health. All the docs are very happy which in turn makes me happy. I’ll be seeing my oncologist the first week of June for a scheduled checkup. We will then have a CT Scan to make sure that everything is clear. Please pray for me in the next coming weeks. I have been feeling great which has allowed me to slip into overdrive. I have taken on several projects at once. With that I need to keep up my strength and rest. I will also be traveling more than I have in the past couple of years over the next few months.

I will be heading out to Nashville on Sunday (after attending Austin’s audition for the drumline at Appalachian State) to attend Gospel Music Week. Austin will be making the trip with me. We are going to have a blast. Several of my old record company friends cannot wait to meet him. We will also be attending the Dove Awards. We are up for a couple that night. Austin is hoping that we win our categories so that I’ll have to accept the awards. He thinks that would be great. We will also celebrate his 18th birthday while we’re there. I will also be back in Nashville a couple weeks later because I’ve been elected once again to the board of the CMTA (Christian Music Trade Association). After that I’ll be traveling to Orlando for our annual trade show for a week. In between all that there is Austin’s graduation. I can’t believe where the time has gone.

The other thing is for Austin. He has taken on putting on a benefit concert for 3 groups. He has been planning this for months. There will be 3 bands playing that night. Austin’s band will close the concert. He put this video together and posted it on the website http://www.reachconcert.org . One of the causes is for a mentor of Austin. He has pulmonary fibrosis and is awaiting double lung transplant at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. David has been the single biggest influence to Austin throughout his music career. What we’re asking for is prayer. Pray that we will reach the students of Asheville, and Western North Carolina to motivate them to action. Please watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMQxmlzpiE

Blessings

We can only LIVESTRONG™ if we’re GODSTRONG™.

No comments: